Antony admits debut Man Utd goal gave him 'goosebumps'

Forum 1 year ago

Antony admits debut Man Utd goal gave him 'goosebumps'

New Manchester United winger Antony has admitted that his debut goal against Arsenal gave him goosebumps.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/979b7c82d155deb31d597b1f85651d49.jpg

The €100m man needed just 35 minutes of his first game to find the back of the net, slotting home with composure to steer United towards an eventual 3-1 victory, beating the United badge as he roared away in celebration.

Speaking to MUTV after the game, Antony was keen to divert the praise towards his teammates but conceded that scoring his first goal is a feeling he won't soon forget.

"Marcus [Rashford] passed the ball to perfection so when it came [to me], there was not much more I had to do," the 22-year-old said. "I saw the goalkeeper and the ball just came perfectly to me to place it as I did. I was very happy to just go with my instinct."

He continued: "Bruno Fernandes had the ball, I think he shrugged off Gabriel Jesus, and then he touched the ball to Jadon Sancho. Sancho made the touch to Marcus and I knew he could slip the ball either way.

"And when Marcus, being a very intelligent player, realised I could make a run, I just took off. He slipped the ball and I took the chance well."

It was a dream debut for Antony, who thanked the United faithful for creating a once-in-a-lifetime atmosphere for his maiden start.

"To score my first goal and share this moment with the crowd, with a great atmosphere, was brilliant," he said. "From the moment I stepped on to the pitch, I already had goosebumps because I know how much I wanted to be here and I know how much the crowd wanted this.

"When I saw the ball going in, and the net shaking, I express all my feelings the way I did. Yes, it gave me goosebumps for sure."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast
Forum | 1 day ago

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger