Davido Congratulates Kenya's Ruto As Court Upholds Election

Forum 1 year ago

Davido Congratulates Kenya's Ruto As Court Upholds Election

Nigerian star singer, David Adeleke aka Davido has sent a congratulatory message to Kenya’s president-elect, William Ruto.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4032ba4b99658d1de295c6cdbde9adb5.jpg

This comes after the country's Supreme Court upheld his election.

Kenya’s Supreme Court on Monday upheld William Ruto’s election as the country’s president-elect.

Ruto, Kenya’s Deputy President, was declared the winner of the August 9 election by the Independent and Electoral Boundaries Commission, but his rival, Raila Odinga, had filed a suit challenging the election results.

Delivering the ruling Monday morning, Chief Justice Martha Koome struck out Odinga’s suit and upheld Ruto’s election as the Kenya president-elect.

Shortly after the ruling, Davido tweeted, “Congratulations to Dr William Samoei Ruto on being declared 5th President of the Republic of #Kenya @WilliamsRuto. Also, Congratulations to the people of Kenya! DEMOCRACY WINS AGAIN.”

During the ruling, Koome said, “This is a unanimous decision. The petitions are hereby dismissed, as a consequence we declare the first respondent (Ruto) as president-elect.”

The court dismissed all nine issues of contention in the suit.

Koome declared that the alleged irregularities in the election “…were not of such magnitude as to affect the final results of the presidential election.”

By the apex court’s judgement, the 55-year-old incumbent deputy president, Ruto, will now assume office as Kenya’s president on September 13, 2022.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 22 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth