Tension As Fire Guts Power Transmission Station In Calabar

Forum 1 year ago

Tension As Fire Guts Power Transmission Station In Calabar

Fire has burnt down the electricity power facilities of Transmission Company of Nigeria at Tinapa in Adiaba town, Calabar, Cross River State, Daily Post reports.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5076b1381325bb40fd9525e50a7d7cef.jpeg

The incident happened over the weekend and destroyed substantial parts of the equipment, including the Mbh power sub station.

It is still unclear about the cause of the fire incident but it has already thrown many parts of the city into darkness.

An eyewitness, who lives in the neighborhood, Henrietta Akpan, said they first heard an explosion and later balls of fire burning at the station.

When contacted, Mr Collins Igwe, the Regional Manager of PHEDC, expressed shock and said he would pay an assessment tour to see the extent of damage.

“I have heard about the fire outbreak. It is shocking. Nobody is sure about the cause.

“I am on my way to assess the extent of damage. We will look at how soon we can restore power to the parts of town affected.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial
Forum | 3 days ago

Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial

Powerful Political Interests Plotting To Blackmail Peter Obi – Aide Raises Alarm
Forum | 4 days ago

Powerful Political Interests Plotting To Blackmail Peter Obi – Aide Raises Alarm

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 1 week ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update

Tension As Masked Armed Men Stormed Oyo Govt Secretariat
Forum | 1 week ago

Tension As Masked Armed Men Stormed Oyo Govt Secretariat