Aston Villa confirm loan signing of Jan Bednarek

Forum 1 year ago

Aston Villa confirm loan signing of Jan Bednarek

Aston Villa have completed the signing of Southampton centre-back Jan Bednarek on a season-long loan deal.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ca8bedd715810aef6d338c5c51cc8252.jpg

The 26-year-old had looked likely to join West Ham United earlier on deadline day, but a last minute change of heart from manager David Moyes saw the Hammers pull back - allowing Villa and Steven Gerrard to swoop and sign the Poland international.

“I’m happy, excited and looking forward to a new adventure for me,” Bednarek told Villa's official website of his move. “It’s a great opportunity for me and another great step. It’s really important for me to move to a bigger club and to improve as a player, and Villa is the best place for me to do that."

“It’s a massive club in England. Coming from Poland, I wasn’t aware how big Villa is," Bednarek added.

“I think the fans are amazing, the stadium’s amazing and also the training ground. I’m really happy to be joining this club.”

Bednarek played 153 games for Southampton during five years on the south coast, chalking up 42 international caps in that time.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]
Forum | 3 days ago

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw