Liverpool confirm signing of Arthur Melo on loan from Juventus

Forum 1 year ago

Liverpool confirm signing of Arthur Melo on loan from Juventus

Liverpool have completed a deal to sign Brazilian midfielder Arthur Melo on a season-long loan from Juventus.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/069826e37a21fb7ab743d36bd2567651.jpg

The Reds have been looking for a new midfielder all summer - Jurgen Klopp recently confirmed they missed out on their top target - and have seen their desire for reinforcements strengthened by a string of injuries.

Thiago, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are all currently sidelined, while Curtis Jones returned to the bench for Wednesday's victory over Newcastle to see captain Jordan Henderson limp off with a hamstring injury.

Klopp admitted to needing more bodies in midfield late last month and a deal has now been struck to bring Arthur in from Juventus.

Juve have confirmed that the deal has set Liverpool back €4.5m and includes a €37.5m buy option.

"I’m really, really happy to be here wearing this great shirt with this famous badge that represents so much in world football, it’s a dream," Arthur told Liverpool's official website.

"We talked a lot, and our ideas and visions were a good fit so I’m sure it was the right choice. I’m really happy and highly motivated to continue living my dream on the pitch and giving my all in a Liverpool shirt."

The 26-year-old was free to leave Juve and had been in talks over a move to Valencia but has now joined Liverpool on a one-year loan deal.

He becomes Liverpool's fourth signing of the summer, following Darwin Nunez, Fabio Carvalho and Calvin Ramsey in sealing moves to Anfield.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge