Patrick Vieira reacts to Chelsea interest in Wilfried Zaha

Forum 1 year ago

Patrick Vieira reacts to Chelsea interest in Wilfried Zaha

Crystal Palace manager Patrick Vieira has ruled out parting ways with Wilfried Zaha this summer, despite interest from Chelsea.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/13092fb5dc1737e94d42907453ec28ed.jpg

90min revealed earlier this month that Zaha had emerged as a possible target for Chelsea and talks have since been held between the two clubs as Chelsea look for an alternative to Everton's Anthony Gordon.

The 29-year-old, who now has four goals in as many games this season, has entered the final year of his contract and his desire to play Champions League football is no secret.

However, Vieira has ruled out parting ways with Zaha, insisting there has been no contact from any interested sides.

Before Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Brentford, Vieira told BT Sport: "I think there’s no comment to be made on that. I see him training every day and he didn’t mention nothing about leaving. He’s always concentrated on performing well for the team because he wants to win games for this football club.

"There’s a really nice relationship between this football team and Wilfried Zaha, it’s not going to stop now."

After the match, when asked whether Zaha will still be at the club next week, Vieira added: "I didn't even put that in my head, I didn't even ask myself that question. I am working with him every day and there is nothing crossing my mind that something like that will happen.

"The only thing he is showing is competitiveness on the field, doing well for this football club that he loves very much. There is nothing coming from any other club. Wilfried is playing his football, he is enjoying his football and, as a manager or the chairman, there is nothing from anybody.

"We are in a period where there is a lot of things going on in the papers and regarding Wilfried there is nothing true in that. This is the only thing I can tell you."

As for Zaha, the forward refused to be drawn on any speculation and insisted he remains focused on Palace.

"It’s not been difficult at all [to ignore the speculation]," he said. "I’ve just been focused on Palace in every game. I’ve gone to training and I’ve enjoyed it.

“We’ve got a massive understanding, everyone understands me. It’s different, it’s like a family here.

“I’m happy to be scoring goals but the team is all I’m thinking about. It means nothing now we’ve got a draw – back to the drawing board."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge