Christophe Galtier confirms Leandro Paredes is close to joining Juventus

Forum 1 year ago

Christophe Galtier confirms Leandro Paredes is close to joining Juventus

Paris Saint-Germain coach Christophe Galtier has confirmed that midfielder Leandro Paredes has agreed personal terms for a transfer to Juventus.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ffae6ad02484f0525336134f30cd4ef1.jpg

However, talks between the two clubs continue as they try to hammer out their own agreement.

Paredes, who moved to Paris from Zenit St Petersburg in 2019 after initially making his name in Europe with Roma, has featured in all three of PSG’s Ligue 1 games so far this season.

But the Argentina international has been dropped for the midweek clash with Toulouse because Galtier isn’t prepared to waste time on a player who may imminently be leaving.

“Paredes will not be part of the squad,” the coach said on Tuesday.

“I spoke with him at the end of training. He found an agreement with Juve. His head is elsewhere, the agreement between the clubs is missing. I made the decision not to put him in the squad so as not to have a player who may leave the club 24 hours later.”

PSG are also still on course to let Idrissa Gueye leave before the upcoming transfer deadline. The 32-year-old is close to completing a return to former club Everton, with talks between the clubs continuing after the proposed deal had looked to have stalled.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 5 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

The Bear Season 3 Set Video Confirms Will Poulter’s Return
Forum | 6 days ago

The Bear Season 3 Set Video Confirms Will Poulter’s Return