Barcelona considering Hector Bellerin as Juan Foyth alternative

Forum 1 year ago

Barcelona considering Hector Bellerin as Juan Foyth alternative

Barcelona could move for Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin if they are unable to land Juan Foyth in the final days of the summer transfer window, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4850780925b9215d7b5091aed36e9ffa.jpg

Head coach Xavi is keen to bring in reinforcements at right-back, repeatedly insisting that current option Sergino Dest has been 'made aware' of his plans.

Summer signing Jules Kounde started at right-back in Sunday's 4-0 win against Real Valladolid, while Ousmane Dembele has been used as a wing-back already this season.

90min reported earlier on Tuesday that Dest is now a target for Manchester United, and Barça want to sign cover regardless of whether the American stays or goes.

They have been heavily courting former Tottenham defender Foyth, who is also capable of playing at centre-back and in defensive midfield, in recent weeks but have failed to reach an agreement with Villarreal.

With so little time left in the window, Barcelona could turn their attentions to Bellerin, who has been deemed surplus to requirements at Arsenal.

The Gunners are looking to sell Bellerin but Barcelona have enquired about an initial loan instead. There's also a possibility of him leaving the Emirates Stadium for free.

If moves for Foyth and Bellerin both fail, Thomas Meunier of Borussia Dortmund is also under consideration, but Barça believe a deal for either of the former two would be easier.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 3 weeks ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story