IGP Condemns Attacks On Police Officers, Orders Prosecution Of Offenders

Forum 1 year ago

IGP Condemns Attacks On Police Officers, Orders Prosecution Of Offenders

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, has cautioned Nigerians against the trend of assault on Police Officers and men in uniform, carrying out official and lawful duties across the nation.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6aadee2bbe541ba96e47a1d1f79bb494.jpeg
A statement released by CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, spokesperson of the Nigeria Police force, says the IGP emphasized that attacks on Police Officers, who are uniformed agents of the state, are both illegal and an affront on the rule of law.

Adejobi stated that the IGP warned that attacks on police officers and men in the line of duty would no longer be tolerated under whatever guise, as the Force holds the lives of its personnel sacrosanct. Consequently, the IGP has directed all Police Commands and Formations to ensure that individuals who engage in an assault on police officers, irrespective of preceding factors, are made to face the full wrath of the law via swift prosecution in courts of competent jurisdiction.

''The Inspector-General of Police while reiterating the commitment of the Force to ensuring protection of lives and property, stressed the importance of according respect to the fundamental rights of Police officers and other security operatives, in order to enable them advance their sacred mandate of serving and protecting the citizens better and maintenance of law and order.'
' the statement in part reads

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Arrest Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Others
Forum | 13 hours ago

Police Arrest Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Others

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 15 hours ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State
Forum | 1 day ago