Peter Obi: Don’t Vote For Presidential Candidates Who Speak Through Proxies

Forum 1 year ago

Peter Obi: Don’t Vote For Presidential Candidates Who Speak Through Proxies

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Mr. Peter Obi, has asked the Nigerian electorate not to vote for any of the presidential candidates speaking through proxies.
Recall that at the Nigerian Bar Association Annual General Conference (NBA-AGC) in Lagos last Monday where most of the leading presidential candidates unveiled their programmes for 2023 to Nigerians, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, was conspicuously absent.
He was, however, represented by his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima.
But in a statement on Saturday, Obi said anyone who wants to be president of Nigeria must come forward himself and speak to the people directly because he is the one to be held responsible for whatever happens to Nigeria under his care.
In responding to his ascription as a trader by some of his opponents, Obi said even as a trader, he was privileged to go to some of the best schools like Oxford University Cambridge University and other Ivy League institutions in the world.
Addressing Nigerians who came to welcome him in Frankfurt, Germany on Friday, Obi said that every candidate must come and tell Nigerians his agenda to make the country work.
He urged the electorate to do background checks on all the presidential candidates before listening to whatever promises they make.
He said: “When you listen to us, go and check our background, this is not a time for somebody to show us his qualifications, I live in Nigeria and I know Nigeria and what Nigerians need. I am not a stranger to Nigerian problems.
“I am a trader but I have the privilege to go to some of the best of schools like Oxford, Cambridge, and other Ivy League institutions, but I always say to people that educational qualification is not the same as integrity. Listen to all the presidential candidates, not through proxy. Let anyone who wants to be your President come forward himself and speak to you directly, because he is the one you will hold responsible for whatever happens to Nigeria under his care.
“This campaign is not a campaign you are going to speak through somebody, that person needs to come and directly tell us what he is going to do for our country and we must take note of whatever he says and hold him by his words.”
“We also don’t want someone that would be carried to this place in a wheelchair but must consider his capacity, competence, integrity and commitment.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Don
Forum | 4 days ago

Don't Raise Your Kids With All Your Lifesavings - Dayo Amusa

Lizard Don Mad Again - Peruzzi Slams Wizkid For Shading Davido
Forum | 5 days ago

Lizard Don Mad Again - Peruzzi Slams Wizkid For Shading Davido

Mr Macaroni Defends Don Jazzy Following Wizkid’s Controversial Remark
Forum | 5 days ago

Mr Macaroni Defends Don Jazzy Following Wizkid’s Controversial Remark

Wizkid’s Old Tweet Hailing Don Jazzy as ‘Role Model’ Surfaces Online Amid Controversy
Forum | 5 days ago

Wizkid’s Old Tweet Hailing Don Jazzy as ‘Role Model’ Surfaces Online Amid Controversy