Carlo Ancelotti: Real Madrid would not replace Marco Asensio

Forum 1 year ago

Carlo Ancelotti: Real Madrid would not replace Marco Asensio

Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Real Madrid will not look to sign a replacement for Marco Asensio if the winger leaves the club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c792449ea91b29ac7a5ae7374772f9b9.jpg

The boss recently revealed that Asensio is exploring his options after accepting that his role at the Santiago Bernabeu has changed, with a handful of sides all across Europe linked with the 26-year-old.

Ahead of Asensio in the pecking order are Vinicius Junior, Eden Hazard, Rodrygo and midfielder Federico Valverde, who has established himself as a favourite of Ancelotti out on Asensio's preferred right wing.

With all those options at his disposal, Ancelotti has admitted that Real have no need to replace Asensio if he does leave.

"[If Asensio leaves] I'm counting on Mariano, but he has the best in the world in that position ahead of him and it's difficult for him," the boss said.

"We have a squad in which we have a lot of resources. If Marco leaves we're not going to sign anyone because we don't need them."

He added: "I don't know anything new about Asensio, only that he is assessing his situation. On September 2 everything will be clarified and if he stays he will be an important player and I will be delighted, because last year he contributed a lot to the team and this season he would too."

Asensio, who joined Real in 2015, has one year remaining on his contract and could be available for a reduced fee.

Ancelotti has handed the winger just seven minutes across Real's first three games of the campaign and opportunities could be further limited by the return from injury of Rodrygo, who has not featured in La Liga thus far.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 4 days ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola
Forum | 6 days ago

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

UCL: ISIS threatens to attack matches involving Arsenal, Real Madrid, PSG
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: ISIS threatens to attack matches involving Arsenal, Real Madrid, PSG