Frank Lampard: Chelsea have not bid £60m for Anthony Gordon

Forum 1 year ago

Frank Lampard: Chelsea have not bid £60m for Anthony Gordon

Frank Lampard has stressed his desire to keep Anthony Gordon at Everton despite fierce interest from Chelsea.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1c47c915dbec7d940b846556668677c0.jpg

The Blues have put together a bid for Gordon which 90min understands is worth a guaranteed £50m, with a further £10m in add-ons to take the value up to a possible £60m.

Lampard was asked about the status of that offer but took exception to the bid being described as a '£60m offer'. Chelsea's proposal does not make up a guaranteed £60m, and the Everton boss was adamant such a figure would still not be enough to get a deal done in his eyes anyway.

"He's our player, he remains so," Lampard said. "He's in the squad for tomorrow.

"He's a huge player for us. I said it last week, not only is there big value for the club if you wan to talk financially, but more importantly there's big value to the squad."

When the £60m figure was again floated to Lampard, the boss said: "They haven't bid £60m. Let's not talk about a number that's not there."

Lampard continued: "I've been fortunate to work with fantastic young players in my time at Derby, in my time at Chelsea...I've seen them develop. I've seen them now become England internationals, Champions League winners worth triple figures in terms of some of their personal values, and Anthony is in that bracket.

"He's been a pleasure to work with. He's an Everton boy, he plays for us, the crowd relate to him, and it's all understandable that people will be interested in him because of the level of player he is, but the facts remain the same."

90min understands that Chelsea remain hopeful of getting a deal for Gordon over the line after the 21-year-old made it clear he would be interested in a move to Stamford Bridge this summer.

As an added incentive, Chelsea could offer up one of a number of players who have interested Everton this summer, including Ross Barkley, Michy Batshuayi, Billy Gilmour, Trevoh Chalobah and Armando Broja.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 4 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 1 week ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star