Nigerian Man Gets Deported From Malawi For Plotting To Get ID Illegally

Forum 1 year ago

Nigerian Man Gets Deported From Malawi For Plotting To Get ID Illegally

A Nigerian man Kelly Kayode Adedokuni has been deported from Malawi.

He was deported by the Malawian authorities at the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Service in Lilongwe for trying to acquire a Malawi national identity card.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/29f79f6683eb3939f55f97bb1d3755b3.jpeg

According to Face of Malawi, the 44-year-old was arrested earlier this month when he tried to acquire a Malawi national identity card through the National Registration Bureau (NRB) office in the capital city.

The Regional Immigration Office spokesperson, Inspector Pasqually Zulu said, “the deportee was charged with an offence of false declaration for obtaining a Malawi national ID and then attempting to acquire a Malawi passport. Being a foreign national, a deportation order was made on the 15th August, 2022 by the country’s Homeland Security Minister Jean Sendeza who gave Adedokuni three days ultimatum to leave Malawi.”

Zulu disclosed to journalists on Wednesday that Adedokuni was deported by Immigration officials this week through the Kamuzu International Airport, in a development that is in line with Section 4 Subsection (1) of the Immigration act.

Meanwhile, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Services has appealed to all foreign nationals residing in Malawi to respect the rule of law saying they risk deportation if they fail to comply.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo
Forum | 20 hours ago

Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo

No Minimum Wage By End of May, No Peace – Labour Warns Nigerian Govt
Forum | 21 hours ago

No Minimum Wage By End of May, No Peace – Labour Warns Nigerian Govt

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 21 hours ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd