Frank Lampard provides update on Dele Alli's move to Besiktas

Forum 1 year ago

Frank Lampard provides update on Dele Alli's move to Besiktas

Everton boss Frank Lampard has revealed that Dele Alli is nearing a move to Turkish giants Besiktas.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3242902228b70e3250b42a929dab43b4.jpg

The midfielder only joined the Toffees on the final day of the January transfer window from Tottenham, but he has failed to make his mark on Merseyside.

Dele put in a couple of impressive cameo performances at the back end of last season but has not been able to sustainably reach that level for Everton, and was first linked with a potential transfer away from Goodison Park a few weeks ago.

Besiktas have been keen on taking him to Istanbul, and Lampard has now confirmed that a move is close.

"He's very advanced to moving to Besiktas. It's not absolutely done yet but it's very advanced," Lampard said of the proposed transfer.

Dele emerged as one of England's brightest prospects with hometown club Milton Keynes Dons, securing a £5m to Spurs in 2015.

He immediately became a favourite under Mauricio Pochettino and went on to win the PFA Young Player of the Year award for the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons, hitting double figures in goals in the Premier League in both of those campaigns.

The midfielder was part of the Tottenham team that reached the 2019 Champions League final and was also an early favourite under Jose Mourinho, before falling out of favour under the Portuguese and later Antonio Conte.

He is set to leave Everton having made just 13 appearances for the club.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 2 days ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone

Shogun Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner
Forum | 3 days ago

Shogun Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC