Man Utd finalise Casemiro transfer

Forum 1 year ago

Man Utd finalise Casemiro transfer

Manchester United have officially completed the transfer of midfielder Casemiro from Real Madrid on a four-year deal with the option of a further year, subject to United Kingdom visa requirements.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/00cebac4d08b15c11efcea7782cdc485.jpg

The Brazilian is one of the greatest midfielders of his generation, having enjoyed years of success with Los Blancos while also playing 63 international games for his country.

He confirmed his exit from the Bernabeu during an emotional press conference on Monday morning and was later seen at Old Trafford ahead of the Red Devils' Premier League clash with Liverpool later that day.

Casemiro said: “The opportunity to start a new challenge at Manchester United and in the Premier League is extremely exciting.

“I have worked with many great managers in my career and, having met with Erik and heard his ideas, I can’t wait to work closely with him, his staff and my new team-mates in the coming years.

“I’m ending one beautiful journey in Madrid whilst starting another in Manchester as determined as ever to win football matches, win trophies and make our fans proud by bringing success to this great club.

“Everybody knows the history of Manchester United, the significance of the club around the world and what it means to its supporters. To represent United is an honour and I am ready to give everything to help the team achieve our ambitions.”

Casemiro is United's four major signing of the summer following deals for Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen and Lisandro Martinez.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: SuperComputer predicts title winners after Arsenal, Man City victories
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: SuperComputer predicts title winners after Arsenal, Man City victories

EPL: Micah Richards mentions game where Man City could drop points
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: Micah Richards mentions game where Man City could drop points

EPL: We helped them – Wolves manager O’Neil speaks on 5-1 defeat to Man City
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: We helped them – Wolves manager O’Neil speaks on 5-1 defeat to Man City