Harry Kane insists there's more to come after making Premier League history

Forum 1 year ago

Harry Kane insists there's more to come after making Premier League history

Tottenham striker Harry Kane insists there's more to come from him after breaking the Premier League goal record for a single club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/69f3317ef3873a862be265fb235c9369.jpg

The England international nodded home to deliver a 1-0 victory for Spurs over Wolves, edging ahead of Sergio Aguero in the all-time list after the Argentine's 184 goals for Manchester City.

And Kane says the record is keeping him hungry for more as he reflected on his Premier League career to date.

"It's been a fantastic nine or ten years in the Premier League," said the Spurs forward. "Hopefully many more years to go. I always love scoring.

"The most important thing is winning games. Credit to the boys, they dug deep.

"We need to start games better. We need to improve. But the sign of a good team is winning when you don't play at your best."

Spurs were fortunate not to go into half-time behind against Wolves as Antonio Conte's side laboured during the opening 45 minutes.

However, Kane stooped to nod Ivan Perisic's front post flick beyond Jose Sa to break the deadlock in the second half.

The 29-year-old added: “Credit to Wolves, they made it difficult. “In the second half we came out with intensity.

"We created chances and pressed better. We deserved the goal. We didn’t create too many chances after that but neither did they."

Kane has the opportunity to add to his Premier League goals tally as Tottenham visit Nottingham Forest next weekend, with Conte's men having enjoyed an unbeaten start to the league season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 2 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 3 days ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue