Antonio Conte: Harry Kane would trade goal records for trophies

Forum 1 year ago

Antonio Conte: Harry Kane would trade goal records for trophies

Antonio Conte has heaped praise on Harry Kane after the Tottenham man smashed yet another Premier League record, but admitted the striker would trade it all away for a trophy.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/54d2b9028930760fa14a82d83009c793.jpg

Kane headed home his 185th Premier League goal for Tottenham in Saturday's 1-0 win over Wolves - no player in the history of the competition has ever scored so many goals for one club. He had previously shared the record with Manchester City legend Sergio Aguero.

It's just another example of Kane's standing as one of the game's best strikers, and while Conte was proud of the Englishman, he acknowledged that there is still something missing from Kane's career.

“I know very well it is a great achievement, a personal great achievement and I know very well that Harry would like to exchange this achievement with a trophy,” Conte said.

“I know this and he is working with this, we are working for this, to try to improve the team, to bring the club to another level and not only to have personal big achievements.

“But at the same time, we know very well, which is my consideration about Harry, we are talking about a world-class striker.”

Kane added: “It’s been a fantastic nine, ten years playing in the Premier League — and hopefully there’ll be plenty more years to go as well.”

Kane has entered the final two years of his Tottenham contract and is understood to be calm over his future. Sources have confirmed to 90min that there is a mutual desire to extend Kane's stay at the club, but neither team nor player are rushing to the negotiating table.

"You know very well that Harry is for us is an important player, but I see him very happy," Conte said of Kane earlier this summer. "I see him happy. His feelings are positive but at the same time we have to understand that if we want to reach something important we have to fight in every game and tonight they showed yeah we played football but the opponent won."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 4 days ago

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought

EPL: Frank Onyeka relishes first Premier League goal for Brentford
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Frank Onyeka relishes first Premier League goal for Brentford