Prof. Zana I. Akpagu Approved As UNICAL New Vice Chancellor

Forum 8 years ago

Prof. Zana I. Akpagu Approved As UNICAL New Vice Chancellor

The Governing Council of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) has approved the appointment of Profesor Zana Itiunbe Akpagu, as the new and 10th Vice Chancellor of the institution.
Until his appointment, Prof. Akpagu was the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration) in the university.

In a statement signed by Mr Effiong Eyoh, the institution’s spokesman, Akpagu is the second Vice Chancellor to emerge from the Faculty of Arts, after the short-lived tenure of Prof. Solomon Unoh in 1995.
He will take over from Prof. James Epoke, whose tenure ends on November 30,’’ it stated.

Akpagu is a Professor of Modern Languages and Translations. He held several positions of responsibilities both within and outside the University culminating in lots of Awards and Honours including the Conferment of Chieftaincy title of “Ushikebe I of Ipong” in Obudu Local Government area of Cross River state.
He is also a Knight of the Order of Saint Mulumba (KSM) is a member of various learned societies including the Association for the Study of Carribbeam and African Literature in French (ASCALF), Britain.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Weapons Cast: Benedict Wong & More Join New Line Cinema’s Horror Thriller
Forum | 3 days ago

Weapons Cast: Benedict Wong & More Join New Line Cinema’s Horror Thriller

New Deadpool & Wolverine Image Shows Hugh Jackman Ready for Battle
Forum | 3 days ago

New Deadpool & Wolverine Image Shows Hugh Jackman Ready for Battle

Anthony Hopkins Cast as German-British Composer in New Biopic The King of Covent Garden
Forum | 3 days ago

Anthony Hopkins Cast as German-British Composer in New Biopic The King of Covent Garden

Oscar Isaac, Kristen Stewart Cast in Mandy Director’s New Vampire Movie Flesh of the Gods
Forum | 3 days ago

Oscar Isaac, Kristen Stewart Cast in Mandy Director’s New Vampire Movie Flesh of the Gods