Patrick Bamford: Leeds striker confirms injury ahead of Chelsea clash

Forum 1 year ago

Patrick Bamford: Leeds striker confirms injury ahead of Chelsea clash

Leeds United striker Patrick Bamford has confirmed he is dealing with a groin injury that will likely keep him out of Sunday's meeting with Chelsea.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0646f313cc98e808385a6e724396a7d9.jpg

Bamford managed just 28 minutes of last weekend's 2-2 draw with Southampton before limping off through injury - a familiar sight to fans after he managed just nine Premier League appearances last season.

Speaking on The Official Leeds United Podcast, Bamford played down suggestions he could be set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines but admitted Sunday's game could come too soon.

“I’m alright to be fair,” he said.

“I’ve got a slight groin injury, so I’ll probably miss the Chelsea game, but I think it’s all part and parcel of coming back, obviously I hardly played last year, even trained.”

Bamford suffered an ankle injury just six games into the 2021/22 campaign and missed nine matches as a result, and his return lasted just 22 minutes before a hamstring issue sidelined him for a further 11 games.

The striker would see just three more outings all season before a foot injury brought his campaign to an abrupt end in early April.

Bamford is the only senior striker on the books at Leeds, with youngsters Joe Gelhardt and Sam Greenwood operating as cover, but it was Welsh winger Dan James who replaced Bamford up top against Southampton.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Traffic Robbers Who Attacked DPO, Stole Her Phone And Left Her With Cutlass Injury Arrested In Lagos
Forum | 13 hours ago

Traffic Robbers Who Attacked DPO, Stole Her Phone And Left Her With Cutlass Injury Arrested In Lagos

Welfare Still A Mirage – Atiku Laments Ahead of May Day
Forum | 1 day ago

Welfare Still A Mirage – Atiku Laments Ahead of May Day

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate
Forum | 2 days ago

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season