ASUU Strike: We'll Teach Lecturers Lesson With No Work, No Pay – Buhari Govt

Forum 1 year ago

ASUU Strike: We'll Teach Lecturers Lesson With No Work, No Pay – Buhari Govt

The Federal Government has boasted that its no work, no pay strategy will deter unions from going on strike.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cae68931b43acb4962280a190e29ce2a.jpg

This as the government threatened that members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, who are currently on strike, will not receive salary.

Adamu Adamu, the Minister of Education, said lecturers would not be paid for the six months they are absent from work.

He disclosed that the measure would serve as a penalty over the “behaviour of ASUU.”

Addressing State House Correspondents in Abuja yesterday, the Minister said lecturers would think twice before they join strike.

According to Adamu: “I think the stand that the government has taken now, not to pay, I think that’s the only thing in the hand of the government to ensure that there’s penalty for some behaviour like this.

“I believe teachers will think twice before they join strike if they know that at the end, they are not going to be paid.

“The government is not acting arbitrarily. There is a law and I believe this is going to be a strong element to deter many from going on strike.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 7 hours ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 5 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Banner Calling Out "Home Wrecker" With Her Face And Work Place On Display Is Spotted On The Roadside
Forum | 6 days ago

Banner Calling Out "Home Wrecker" With Her Face And Work Place On Display Is Spotted On The Roadside