Bale: I want to be as good as Ronaldo

Forum 9 years ago

Bale: I want to be as good as Ronaldo

Real Madrid forward Gareth Balesays he is desperate to reach a level similar to that of team-mate and 2013 Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.
[ads4]
The Wales international bagged Madrid's opener in their 5-1 victory over Rayo Vallecano on Saturday, his fifth in eight Liga matches, before Ronaldo rounded off the scoring with his 22nd goal in just 16 games this season.

Bale, who joined los Blancos in a record €100 million deal from Tottenham last year, has often referred to Ronaldo as inspiration and is determined to join him as the world's finest player.

"I'm improving all the time and trying to get to the level Cristiano's at," Bale told the BBC.
"The amount of goals he scores and what he does for the team is incredible.

"Nobody is living up to that at. At the moment he's on another level to everyone else.

"By seeing him in training and in games it gives me that kind of platform to aim for and keep improving, and hopefully one day I can get there.

"If you don't want to be the world's best you probably shouldn't be playing football."
Ronaldo has now found the net in 18 of his last 19 Liga matches, helping Madrid to 42 goals in 11 games this season – their joint-best ever record at this stage of the campaign, along with the 1950-51 season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend
Forum | 5 hours ago

Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 16 hours ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 1 day ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

If You Can’t Produce a Good Film, Pack Up – Yvonne Jegede
Forum | 3 days ago

If You Can’t Produce a Good Film, Pack Up – Yvonne Jegede