Arsenal coach Jack Wilshere taking inspiration from manager Mikel Arteta

Forum 1 year ago

Arsenal coach Jack Wilshere taking inspiration from manager Mikel Arteta

Arsenal youth coach Jack Wilshere has hinted he is taking pointers from first-team boss Mikel Arteta after watching the club’s All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime Video.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/67afeb06af8e0a1550632738030f2567.jpg

After wrapping up his playing career with a short spell in Denmark last season, 30-year-old Wilshere returned to Arsenal in July to take charge of the Under-18 squad.

The former England midfielder has been watching All or Nothing, which was filmed last season and taking notes from what he seen from ex-teammate Arteta.

In an interview with the Daily Mail, Wilshere gave his opinion on the Arsenal series and revealed he previously tuned into others as well – Manchester City, Tottenham and Juventus are among the other football teams to have been the subject of the cameras.

“I think it's a really good insight for fans but also for people like me who are learning to be a coach,” Wilshere explained.

“Playing with [Arteta], he was a guy who was very focused, very intelligent with the way he trained. As a coach he is very similar. He is very intense, very hands on with the players and trying different things, new techniques to try to help them. I like it. He's a modern coach. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. You've got to try these things to see that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves