Government Can Borrow Till Eternity - APC Chairman, Adamu

Forum 1 year ago

Government Can Borrow Till Eternity - APC Chairman, Adamu

National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Adamu, has said that the government “can borrow till eternity” as long as the funds are well used.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/33a7b316231fb8f5cdcad580c982af70.jpeg
Adamu who spoke in an interview with Trust TV, said all countries borrow and his only issue is when the money is not used for its purpose.

He said;

“I remember a programme we had here, I told you and I thought you believed me that I have no quarrel, issues with government borrowing.

Government can borrow from here to eternity. The American government borrows, the Canadian government borrows, the United Kingdom borrows, France borrows money from the World Bank and such other institutions.

“Nigeria is no exception, what I quarrel with is if the money is not used for a purpose and the infrastructure we are developing across the country is from this source.

“You also have to appreciate the fact of the level of revenue accruing to the government, oil is the main thing… We want to see how best we can diversify. These issues affecting the revenue accruing to the government are not our making no matter how good we are, they happen.

“When some countries sneeze we catch a cold. The Ukrainian crisis with Russia is having an impact on our economy and even in bigger economies than our own so why do we limit ourselves in our thinking.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 16 hours ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

APC Crisis: Oshiomhole’s Sack Tactics Applied In Ganduje’s Suspension – Bashir Ahmad Speaks
Forum | 16 hours ago

APC Crisis: Oshiomhole’s Sack Tactics Applied In Ganduje’s Suspension – Bashir Ahmad Speaks

APC Suspends Ganduje Over Bribery Allegations
Forum | 21 hours ago

APC Suspends Ganduje Over Bribery Allegations

APC Clears Aiyedatiwa, 15 Others For Ondo Governorship Primary
Forum | 1 day ago

APC Clears Aiyedatiwa, 15 Others For Ondo Governorship Primary