2023: Nigerians Lambast El-Rufai For Mocking Igbo Traders

Forum 1 year ago

2023: Nigerians Lambast El-Rufai For Mocking Igbo Traders

The Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai has been lambasted by Nigerians after mocking Igbo traders.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1c8769d9f65612c7f1ed99c3f576a63a.jpeg

It started after a supporter of Peter Obi, presidential candidate of Labour Party announced a planned ‘two million march’ for the Labour Party Kaduna state.

After seeing the tweet, El-Rufai replied that Obi supporters will not be able to get more than 200 people to join the exercise.

Not done, the governor then mocked Igbo traders saying that because of IPOB's sit-at-home, they cannot open their shops on Mondays.

He wrote:

In Kaduna? Not Kaduna Twitter? - 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I hope you get Two Hundred persons on the streets, including those ‘imports’ that can’t open their shops on Mondays, and came on overnight bus last night!!

I jus’ dey laff, wallahi tallahi!! - @KadunaResident

Reacting to the remark, some supporters of Obi slammed the governor, adding that he feels threatened by the support the former governor is getting from the youths.

@FSYusuf: “That you have to respond to this, is a clear indication that you feel super threatened and unsettled. This isn’t you disproving or dismissing a fact, this is you yielding to the trepidation that it is PO-ssible. “Import” is a strategy of APC that we won’t be employing. Rest”

@KelvinIkenga: “This is a state governor in Nigeria being openly tribalistic, & lacking all sense of decorum & finesse. Peter Obi’s only crime is being Igbo. Next time when Igbos tell u they’re hated, believe them. How can this openly tribalistic fellow be fair to all citizens in his state?”

@arizzto1011: “Look at what a governor is writing? Very insensitive. Your ha8 for Igbos will d3stroy you and all that you hold dear. Why are you afraid? Yet you want to come to the east to campaign right?”

@VictorIsrael_: “I don’t know how y’all see this but this sounds like a threat. If anything happens to any Nigerian in Kaduna who comes to stand in solidarity with Peter Obi, El Rufai should be held responsible. Bl00d sucking demon.”

@AfamDeluxo: “A pinch of salt Governor that has lost his state to terrorists being a bigot on Twitter. What else have you achieved in your existence apart from birthing simpleton that are all over Twitter looking for women to rape. Na why you brief like semicolon. Connard!”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 1 week ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 1 week ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders

Daddy Freeze threatens to bring Nigerians back home in mass from the UK
Forum | 1 week ago

Daddy Freeze threatens to bring Nigerians back home in mass from the UK

Release Nnamdi Kanu, Don’t Be Like Buhari Who Had Personal Hatred Against Igbo People - House Of Reps Member Tells Tinubu
Forum | 1 week ago

Release Nnamdi Kanu, Don’t Be Like Buhari Who Had Personal Hatred Against Igbo People - House Of Reps Member Tells Tinubu