Pope: Resign, Embark On 40-Day Prayer – Catholics Tell Governor Lalong After Rejecting Apology

Forum 1 year ago

Pope: Resign, Embark On 40-Day Prayer – Catholics Tell Governor Lalong After Rejecting Apology

The Catholic Church in Nigeria has asked the Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State to confess his sins and resign over his controversial comment on Pope.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/236463fe353b8c8fb66d2d91ab665841.jpg

This is as Catholics rejected his apology.

The group, under the aegis of Mass Servants Association of Nigeria (MSAN), said it is not enough for the governor to express remorse, adding that he must prove it by embarking on a 40-day fast and step down from his role as the Director-General of the All Progressives Congress presidential campaign council.

Recall that the governor had tendered an apology to the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, over alleged ‘blasphemous’ comments about the Holy Father.

While admitting that it was an error on his part to have linked the Catholic Pontiff with Nigeria’s politics, he begged for forgiveness and understanding from the Catholic Church through the Bishops’ conference.

But in a statement signed by Moses Idoko, the MSAN said Lalong must repent and return every penny from the promoters of Muslim-Muslim ticket.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido’s fans lament having to defend him every day amid beef with Abuja barber
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido’s fans lament having to defend him every day amid beef with Abuja barber

Singer, Spryro Expresses Fear For The Next Generation Of Parents, Recounts How His Mum
Forum | 3 days ago

Singer, Spryro Expresses Fear For The Next Generation Of Parents, Recounts How His Mum's Prayer Transformed Him To A Celeb

Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers
Forum | 5 days ago

Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers

Why I Approved N70,000 Minimum Wage – Governor Obaseki
Forum | 5 days ago

Why I Approved N70,000 Minimum Wage – Governor Obaseki