Chad Stahelski Wants Ghost of Tsushima Movie To Be In Japanese

Forum 1 year ago

Chad Stahelski Wants Ghost of Tsushima Movie To Be In Japanese

More information about the planned Ghost of Tsushima has come to light, with director Chad Stahelski detailing how he’d like the film to proceed.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/da8d45c760d597e226a478bc21aa09e6.jpg

Stahelski revealed his hopes for the film and said that it is his intention to film the movie completely in Japanese.

“So, I think if we did this right, it would be visually stunning,” Stahelski told Collider. “It’s character driven. It’s got an opportunity for great action, great looks. And honestly, we’d to try to do it, all in character. Meaning, it’s a Japanese thing about the Mongols invading Tsushima island. A complete Japanese cast, in Japanese. Sony is so on board with backing us on that. I’ve been going to Japan since I was 16. I have a love of the country, love of the people, love of the language. To try to direct not only in my language, but someone else’s and culturally shift my mindset to bring apart that in a cool way that still entices a Western audience.”

Stahelski knows that at the end of the day, the film must make money, but the director believes people will show up if the film is in another language as long as he “nails” the other aspects of the film.

“No one is going to give me $200 million to do a technology-push movie without speaking English. I get it. So, I have to be clever and I have to figure out what’s fiduciarily responsible to the property, to the studio and still get what I want out of it and still make it something epic. Again, big challenge, man. And we’re entering two a time where I think that’s, I’m like you, man. I’ll read subtitles all day. And I think America in general, or at least the Western audiences in general are getting more and more used to that because of the influence of Netflix and streamers and stuff, where we get so much more of a world content. Will they show up in the theaters for that? I’m banking on yes, if everything else is there … I think I can inspire you enough to get in the car and go to the theater.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sherlock Co-Creator Still Wants to Make a Movie With Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman
Forum | 2 days ago

Sherlock Co-Creator Still Wants to Make a Movie With Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma
Forum | 2 days ago

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma

The Matrix 5: Civil War’s Cailee Spaeny Really Wants to Be Cast in Drew Goddard Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

The Matrix 5: Civil War’s Cailee Spaeny Really Wants to Be Cast in Drew Goddard Sequel

Alaqua Cox Talks Potential Echo Season 2, Wants To Fight Iconic Spider-Man Villain
Forum | 1 week ago

Alaqua Cox Talks Potential Echo Season 2, Wants To Fight Iconic Spider-Man Villain