Bauchi: INEC To Proceed With Supplementary Elections

Forum 5 years ago

Bauchi: INEC To Proceed With Supplementary Elections

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will continue with the scheduled supplementary elections in Bauchi state, it was learnt.

INEC noted that the poll slated for this Saturday will hold in areas not affected by the court ruling.

Disclosing this Tuesday, the National Commissioner in charge of Information and Voter Education, Mr. Festus Okoye said the Commission will proceed with supplementary elections on Saturday in relation to areas that are not affected by the Court Order.

Besides, Okoye said that INEC will work towards the expeditious resolution of the Collation process in Tafawa Balewa Local Government.

He said, “The Commission has complied with the Order of the Federal High Court Abuja. The Commission has suspended the Collation of the Governorship Election Result for Tafawa Balewa Local Government.

“The Commission will proceed and complete the Collation of the result of the State Assembly Election for Tafawa Balewa Local Government and make a return.

“The Commission will proceed with supplementary elections on Saturday in relation to areas that are not affected by the Court Order.

“The Commission has a history of obedience to court orders. The Commission will continue to comply with court orders and will take steps to vacate orders where it feels strongly that the Court that gave the order has no jurisdiction.

“The Commission will work towards the expeditious resolution of the Collation process in Tafawa Balewa Local Government.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

Forum | 4 days ago

Why Is Bayo Onanuga, Reno Omokri, Daniel Bwala Only Attacking Peter Obi? Was He The Only One Who Challenged Tinubu In The 2023 Elections - Solomon Dalung Asks
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Why Is Bayo Onanuga, Reno Omokri, Daniel Bwala Only Attacking Peter Obi? Was He The Only One Who Challenged Tinubu In The 2023 Elections - Solomon Dalung Asks

National Convention: We Gave INEC Over 100 Days Notice – Labour Party Says
Forum | 3 weeks ago

National Convention: We Gave INEC Over 100 Days Notice – Labour Party Says