ASUU Members Starving - Orji Kalu Says As He Begs Buhari to Pay Their Salary

Forum 1 year ago

ASUU Members Starving - Orji Kalu Says As He Begs Buhari to Pay Their Salary

The Senator representing Abia North, Orji Uzor Kalu has begged President Muhammadu Buhari to pay lecturers who are on strike.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9389218d3f9cccea247f9043308c98ed.jpeg

According to him lecturers and their families are starving due to non-payment of their salaries.

Fielding questions from newsmen on Wednesday evening on the welfare of the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities, Kalu pleaded with the federal government and ASUU to reconsider their stands on the persisting strike.

Kalu disclosed, “A lot of students from my constituency have been calling me over the matter and I feel it is godly for all Nigerians, including religious leaders, community leaders and all of us to put all hands together to return ASUU back to work and also save their families; some are starving to death”.

He lamented that thelecturers are suffering in the absence of salaries for about five months, pleading passionately, “I want the federal government to consider paying them some of their salaries while negotiation is still on”.

Kalu, who is the Senate Chief Whip noted that it is written, “even in the Koran and the Bible, that wherever you sow is where you reap.

“They have no farms and no other businesses. They have nothing to sustain them”.

He, therefore, called on all parties concerned, especially the federal government to see what they can do immediately to save the lives of the lecturers and their families.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Portable Begs EFCC After Spraying Money to Fans Amidst Bobrisky’s Jail Term
Forum | 2 days ago

Portable Begs EFCC After Spraying Money to Fans Amidst Bobrisky’s Jail Term

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud
Forum | 3 days ago

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 4 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje