Neve Campbell Explains Reasoning For Leaving Scream 6

Forum 1 year ago

Neve Campbell Explains Reasoning For Leaving Scream 6

Neve Campbell’s departure from the Scream franchise came as a shock to fans of the series. Following a statement on the issue at the time, Campbell has recently expanded on her decision to leave the series that she’s been a mainstay in.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8ebfb63274679751396a9a73bcbe3701.jpg

Speaking to People recently, Campbell went more into detail on her decision to leave, a decision that she said at the time was due to not feeling like the offer presented to her equated to the value she felt she’s brought to the franchise. While Campbell’s reasoning hasn’t changed, the star did explain that as a woman, she wanted to be valued and to “fight to be valued,” explaining that if she were a man, she believes she would’ve been receiving much more.

“I did not feel that what I was being offered equated to the value that I bring to this franchise, and have brought to this franchise, for 25 years,” Campbell said. “And as a woman in this business, I think it’s really important for us to be valued and to fight to be valued. I honestly don’t believe that if I were a man and had done five installments of a huge blockbuster franchise over 25 years, that the number that I was offered would be the number that would be offered to a man.”

“In my soul, I just couldn’t do that. I couldn’t walk on set feeling that — feeling undervalued and feeling the unfairness, or lack of fairness, around that.”

While it’s unclear what Campbell’s future in the Scream franchise holds, the actress did note in a separate interview with Entertainment Tonight that, should more negotiations take place, she would consider returning.

“I care about these movies. If they were to come to me with an amount that felt in keeping with … the value that I bring them, I would certainly consider it,” Campbell said. “I care about these new directors. They did such a great job on the last one and I wish them luck.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise
Forum | 2 days ago

Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit
Forum | 4 days ago

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 4 days ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder