Monaco announce loan signing of Malang Sarr from Chelsea

Forum 1 year ago

Monaco announce loan signing of Malang Sarr from Chelsea

Ligue 1 side Monaco have confirmed the signing of defender Malang Sarr on a 12-month loan deal from Chelsea.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3696b11214b9a11b3027f6544f46a638.jpg

The 23-year-old joins the club having played just 21 games throughout his spell at Stamford Bridge, and will no doubt be keen to play more regularly during the 2022/23 season.

The club's official statement on the signing reads: "AS Monaco are pleased to announce the arrival of Malang Sarr.

"After Takumi Minamino, Breel Embolo and Thomas Didillon, AS Monaco have made their fourth summer signing. Malang Sarr, the 23-year-old central defender under contract with Chelsea FC, has joined the Principality on a season-long loan deal with an option to buy.

Speaking after the move, Sarr expressed his delight at returning to Ligue 1, where he played with Nice for four seasons: "I am very happy to join AS Monaco and to be back in Ligue 1 Uber Eats, a league in which I started and which I know well.

"I would like to thank the Club for its confidence. I am now looking forward to blending in with my new surroundings and getting to know my new teammates, with the desire to achieve a lot together."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 4 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

Shock As Woman Wheels Her Dead Uncle
Forum | 6 days ago

Shock As Woman Wheels Her Dead Uncle's Corpse Into Bank And Tries To Get Him To "Sign Off" Loan In Her Name