Villarreal in talks with Tottenham over Tanguy Ndombele & Giovani Lo Celso

Forum 1 year ago

Villarreal in talks with Tottenham over Tanguy Ndombele & Giovani Lo Celso

Villarreal are locked in talks with Tottenham over a potential double swoop for Tanguy Ndombele and Giovani Lo Celso.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9676e665556890c54cbcd09b5e9a20f1.jpg

The two midfielders - who are among Spurs' most expensive signings of all time - have been deemed surplus to requirements by Antonio Conte and are not part of his plans for the 2022/23 season.

Ndombele spent the second half of the 2021/22 campaign on loan at former side Lyon, who passed up the chance to make the deal permanent, while Lo Celso had a successful spell with Villarreal.

And 90min understands that the Yellow Submarine want the Argentine back, while they are also exploring a deal for Ndombele too.

Tottenham are pushing for both players to leave on permanent deals immediately, but Villarreal only want to take the duo on initial loans first.

Former Spurs players Juan Foyth and Etienne Capoue are already on the books at El Madrigal, but they have not offered a fresh contract to Serge Aurier - who was close friends with Ndombele at Tottenham - and he has become a free agent.

While Ndombele is currently short of suitors elsewhere, Serie A sides Napoli - who are about to lose Fabian Ruiz to PSG - and Fiorentina are keeping tabs on Lo Celso.

Further along Spain's east coast, Valencia are in similar conversations with Tottenham over Bryan Gil after his loan spell at the Mestalla last season. Once again, Spurs want the winger to leave on a permanent transfer, while the Spanish side only want another loan.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie