I Am Groot Release Date & Time on Disney+

Forum 1 year ago

I Am Groot Release Date & Time on Disney+

The I Am Groot release date is near.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1ef4fe973e939fc04775c6714c0e2abc.jpg

Disney+ will soon debut a new animated series featuring the beloved Guardians of the Galaxy character. Once again, Vin Diesel will lend his voice to the tree-like organism coming from Planet X. New adventure awaits Baby Groot, who is looking for his place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

When to Watch I Am Groot on Disney+

The I Am Groot release date is set at 3 a.m. ET/12 a.m. PT on Wednesday, Aug. 10. The series directed by executive producer Kirsten Lepore will feature five shorts that will all debut at once. The story takes place after the events of James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and one of the film’s mid-credits scenes. I Am Groot is “a series of original shorts exploring Baby Groot’s glory days growing up, and getting into trouble, among the stars.”

Groot first debuted in 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy as part of the dysfunctional team. As often happens, Marvel Studios changed his origin story from the comic books, where he debuted as an invader that wanted to conquer planet Earth. Groot did maintain his catchphrase, ‘I am Groot,’ in the live-action adaptation. That is the only line the character says, even though its meaning changes every time. Just Rocket Raccoon and Thor manage to understand what Groot wants to say.

The Chronicles of Riddick alum Diesel voiced the character since his first appearance. Arguably, Groot is one of the key elements of the Guardians of the Galaxy‘s success. Groot sacrificed his life to save his friends during the Battle of Xandar, but the Guardians managed to plant a part of his destroyed body which gave birth to Baby Groot. The character will return in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 5 hours ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+
Forum | 1 day ago

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+

Stream Release Date Revealed for New Horror From Terrifier 2 Team
Forum | 1 day ago

Stream Release Date Revealed for New Horror From Terrifier 2 Team