Erling Haaland frustrated at only scoring twice in West Ham win

Forum 1 year ago

Erling Haaland frustrated at only scoring twice in West Ham win

Manchester City striker Erling Haaland has insisted he should have scored at least a hat-trick in Sunday's 2-0 win at West Ham.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/30718d52c22c7f98dd449043b5ae9a1d.jpg

The Norwegian bounced back from a wasteful debut against Liverpool in last week's Community Shield with a fine performance on his Premier League debut.

Haaland opened the scoring from the penalty spot after making a great run in behind, drawing a foul from West Ham goalkeeper Alphonse Areola, before adding his second with a well-taken finish at the end of a swift City counter.

The 22-year-old spurned a couple of chances late on to add to his tally before eventually being substituted, and speaking to Sky Sports post-match, Haaland said he should have found the net on more occasions.

"It was a good start. There's nothing much to say, 2-0, a good start," he said.

"It's good to get some minutes in the legs early in the season and we have to keep going.

"It was as expected, we saw it [the attacking potential] against Bayern, Liverpool was a little bit down, but it will come with games. The passes will come. It should have been more today but yeah, an OK start.

"Yeah [I could have had a hat-trick], you saw with Gundo [Ilkay Gundogan] right before I went off, I should have been there so, it's a bit s*** but that's how it is.

"It's about the connections we do every day in training and practicing this so we get better at this. This will come even more so I'm not worried.

"Now it's almost 30 minutes since I last scored a goal so I have to keep going."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama
Forum | 19 hours ago

Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 1 day ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham