Erik ten Hag laments Man Utd's performance in defeat to Brighton

Forum 1 year ago

Erik ten Hag laments Man Utd's performance in defeat to Brighton

Erik ten Hag has lamented his side's performance in Manchester United's 2-1 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion at Old Trafford.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0b34fa4fd4b88a65139c859fd200451a.jpg

The game was Ten Hag's first competitive game as Man Utd manager and it didn't exactly go to plan, as he watched his side be thoroughly outplayed in the first half and conceded two goals.

Speaking after the game to the press, Ten Hag expressed his disappointment in the performance.

"Of course definitely a setback and real disappointment. I knew from the start it would not be easy. We gave two easy balls away and it was not good in the organisation," he said.

"It is clear to see the second half we were better in midfield with [Christian] Eriksen down and [Cristiano] Ronaldo up. We created and [Marcus] Rashford had two good chances, it is a shame we did not score.

"I am not satisfied, totally not. We lost and it was not necessary. We should do better.

"We made mistakes on the ball and organisation mistakes in defending. We have to take the lessons and learn quickly from it.

"Brighton are a decent team, all the compliments, but I look to my team and we should not give two easy goals away."

When asked if the challenge at United will be more difficult than previously anticipated, the manager replied: "No, as I've said before, it's not easy to construct it, to build it, to develop this. This takes time. I know at the top you don't have time, you have to deliver and we are aware of the situation."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City