BREAKING: Buhari's Nephew Representing Daura Constituency Dumps APC, Meets Atiku

Forum 1 year ago

BREAKING: Buhari's Nephew Representing Daura Constituency Dumps APC, Meets Atiku

Fatuhu Muhammad, a member representing Daura/Sandamu/Maiadua Federal Constituency, has dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, after a meeting with Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Mr Muhammad, who is President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, had on May 28 lost the APC primaries for the same seat to Aminu Jamu in a disputed two-horse race.

In a letter addressed to the APC chairman of Sarkin Yara ‘A’ Ward, Daura, the lawmaker thanked the APC for giving him the opportunity to serve his people.

“This is to notify you that I have resigned my membership from the All Progressives
Congress (APC) with immediate effect commencing from Wednesday the 13th day of
July, 2022. Attached herewith is my Party Membership Registration slip with slip No.
KT/DRA/10/00002.

While I thank you and the Party for the opportunity given to me to serve the interest
of the people of Daura/ Sandamu/ Mai ‘Adua Federal Constituency while working with
the Party, accept my best wishes please,
 the lawmaker wrote.

DAILY NIGERIAN gathered that the lawmaker had written a petition to the national headquarters of the party over alleged disqualification of the winner prior to the primaries as well as some irregularities during election, but the party blinked over his petition.

Credible sources told this newspaper that Mr Muhammad had met with the PDP presidential candidate on July 21 in Abuja and concluded arrangement to join the opposition PDP and campaign for Mr Abubakar’s election.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/15893506_20220807180504_jpegdc5639c63bd33e7c780026c0635b506a

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 2 days ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue

BREAKING: FG Begins Disbursement Of N200bn Palliative Loans
Forum | 2 days ago

BREAKING: FG Begins Disbursement Of N200bn Palliative Loans

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer