DC Films President Walter Hamada Nearly Quit Following Batgirl Cancellation

Forum 1 year ago

DC Films President Walter Hamada Nearly Quit Following Batgirl Cancellation

The fallout from the sudden and abrupt cancellation of Warner Bros. Discovery’s Batgirl is continuing to come out, with a new report mentioning that DC Films president Walter Hamada nearly left the company following the move.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e7bd994ceb598fae22df05f9016acf9f.jpg

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hamada was notified of Batgirl‘s cancellation during a recent Black Adam test screening. The explanation given coincided with recent comments from Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav. According to the report, Hamada was not happy about not being consulted on the move and was concerned about the impact the decision would have on those who were involved with the film’s production.

The report also mentions that Hamada came to the verge of leaving the studio altogether, although things haven’t gone that far as of yet. Instead, Hamada will stay on at his post as DC Films president at least until October 21, 2022, when Black Adam is set to release. According to one source, though, Hamada was described as “pausing,” and has not fully made a decision to “make this adversarial yet,” so it’s unclear as to whether or not Hamada will stay with the company beyond this year.

As for the greater DC Extended Universe, it seems as if the major films set to release in the coming years are all still on track to do so, at least for now. This includes The Flash, which Rolling Stone reports remains on track for a 2023 release date despite the various troubles that star Ezra Miller finds themselves in over the past couple of months.

With only five films — Black Adam, Shazam! Fury of the Gods, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Blue Beetle — having concrete release dates as of now, it’s anyone’s guess as to what the future holds for the world of DC Films.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees
Forum | 4 days ago

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 4 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 5 days ago