She-Hulk Star & Crew Defend and Stand With VFX Workers

Forum 1 year ago

She-Hulk Star & Crew Defend and Stand With VFX Workers

As various VFX artists have begun speaking up about alleged poor working conditions for Marvel Studios projects, the cast and crew behind the upcoming Disney+ series She-Hulk: Attorney At Law has spoken up in defense of the VFX workers.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/53adcbf02d21cb984a29107534d3c7c3.jpg

Speaking during a virtual panel for the upcoming series at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour, star Tatiana Maslany praised the VFX artists behind the series, even despite criticisms being levied against the series for how its CGI has looked.

“I feel incredibly, like, deferential to how talented these artists are and how quickly they have to work, obviously, like much quicker than probably should be given to them, in terms of like churning these things out,” Maslany said (via Variety). Head writer Jessica Gao also was on hand to discuss the ongoing criticism of Marvel Studios from VFX workers, noting that it’s “terrible” if they feel they have to be rushed through in the way they work.

“It’s terrible that a lot of artists feel rushed and feel that the workload is too massive. I mean, I think everybody on this panel stands in solidarity with all workers and is very pro-good working conditions,” Gao said, with director Kat Coiro chiming in that while they were working hard themselves, they weren’t behind the scenes on the “long nights and days” of working on the VFX for multiple series.

“If they’re feeling pressure we stand with them and we listen to them,” Coiro stated.

The comments come shortly after various criticism has been thrown at Marvel Studios from the VFX community, mainly because of the tough working conditions, pay issues, and allegations of unprofessionalism from working with large studios. Issues mentioned by artists include overwhelming last-minute change requests, poor pay for overtime, and other general crunch issues that have left many VFX artists claiming they’ve considered leaving the industry due to the demands.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 2 days ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 2 days ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees
Forum | 3 days ago

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 5 days ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5