Again, UK Court Orders Ekweremadu To Be Remanded In Prison

Forum 1 year ago

Again, UK Court Orders Ekweremadu To Be Remanded In Prison

A UK court has ordered former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu to be remanded in prison till October 31st.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/209ad73b9cfb1581f75ab6d1e0e8e8c0.jpg

This comes after he appeared in court on Thursday.

The court adjourned the case again till the end of October for a hearing.

Recall that the Nigerian senator first appeared before the Uxbridge magistrates’ court in London, where the lawmaker denied all the charges against him.

Both Ekweremadu and his wife were denied bail and remanded in custody while the case was adjourned to July 7 and now August 4, 2022.

However, on July 2nd, his wife, Beatrice was granted bail under strict conditions.

According to Politics Nigeria, the Nigerian senate represented by Adamu Bulkachuwa (in brown kaftan), senate committee chairman on foreign affairs, was in court to show support for Ekweremadu.

Only 20 people were allowed into the court premises to witness proceedings and any and all recording devices were barred.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 6 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 6 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 6 hours ago

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 16 hours ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May