Christian Eriksen reveals talks with three ex-Man Utd managers regarding move

Forum 1 year ago

Christian Eriksen reveals talks with three ex-Man Utd managers regarding move

Christian Eriksen has revealed that he discussed a potential move to Manchester United with each of the club's last three permanent managers.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d11471b4687e54c28e7be994c85be1bf.jpg

The 30-year-old joined United on a free transfer from Brentford earlier this month and has impressed in two friendlies against Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano thus far.

But Eriksen has long been linked with a move to Old Trafford, with the Red Devils most notably tabling an ultimately unsuccessful offer in the summer of 2019 when he was looking to leave Tottenham.

Speaking after Sunday's 1-1 draw with Rayo, Eriksen discussed finally signing on at United and why he ignored previous advances.

"Even at Spurs, I spoke to every manager who's been here at Man Utd to see what the situation was," he said. "But I was at Spurs at the time and I really couldn't see myself playing in another English team at that time. I went abroad and went to Inter."

Eriksen was asked to confirm then whether he had held talks with each of Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer about a transfer, to which he replied: "Yeah.

"It's been on the books, well, not on the books but it's been spoken about. For me, it wasn't the (right) timing, it wasn't there and I was at a place at Spurs for a long time and I wanted to try something abroad and I went to Inter and ended up having a lovely time.

"But then obviously something happened in the summer and that changed the career path I had in mind a bit. Then obviously to come back to Brentford first of all and then to be here is something I didn't think could happen a year ago.

"I've always trusted my football abilities. There have always been different clubs. Obviously, I was at Brentford last season, it was a bit new for me but it went well, I had a lovely time but going to Manchester after, the fanbase and the club, it's the biggest."

90min reported earlier this year that Tottenham were weighing up a move to bring Eriksen back to north London once his contract at Brentford expired, but eventually decided against a pursuit - something which was confirmed by the Dane.

"It was only talk. They never really came with anything so it wasn't really a thing for me to go back to Tottenham at the time and Man Utd were very early on, very positive and I had good conversations," Eriksen added.

"It was very positive from the first few phone calls already and the club felt like they wanted me, so it was on for a long time."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 2 days ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party