Nottingham Forest complete signing of Orel Mangala

Forum 1 year ago

Nottingham Forest complete signing of Orel Mangala

Nottingham Forest have announced the signing of Orel Mangala from Stuttgart on a long-term contract.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f6b905509b4bc6408f5b9d908e2a14e3.jpg

The Belgium midfielder becomes Forest's 12th signing of the summer after they secured promotion back to the Premier League via the play-offs at the end of last season.

Steve Cooper has been busy reinforcing his squad ahead of the new campaign, with Mangala completing his move to the City Ground on Friday.

90min revealed earlier this week that Forest were in talks with Stuttgart over a deal for the 24-year-old, with the East Midlands side expected to pay around €15m for his services.

Mangala made his Belgium debut back in March and is in with a shout of making the Red Devils' World Cup squad despite fierce competition in his position.

Forest have been among Europe's biggest spenders this summer and seem keen to complete further deals. 90min understands they have held talks with Real Betis over William Carvalho and Alex Moreno.

Their Premier League campaign kicks off next Saturday with a trip to Newcastle United.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

EPL: Nottingham Forest will survive relegation – Aina
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest will survive relegation – Aina

EPL: Nottingham Forest to trigger Aina’s contract extension
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest to trigger Aina’s contract extension

EPL: Why I substituted Iwobi, two others after 33 minutes against Forest – Fulham coach, Silva
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Why I substituted Iwobi, two others after 33 minutes against Forest – Fulham coach, Silva