Tammy Abraham insists he has 'no regrets' over Chelsea departure

Forum 1 year ago

Tammy Abraham insists he has 'no regrets' over Chelsea departure

Roma striker Tammy Abraham insists he has never looked back following his departure from Chelsea last summer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c85d877d19909b52d5f95470496193a4.jpg

The Blues academy graduate was offloaded in a £34m deal to help make room for the signing of Romelu Lukaku, who has since returned to Inter on a season-long loan after his £97.5m arrival yielded just eight Premier League goals.

While Lukaku was struggling, Abraham settled in quickly at Roma and ended his debut season with 27 goals in 53 games in all competitions, helping them to Europa Conference League glory.

The numbers speak for themselves, and Abraham recently told Corriere dello Sport that he has zero regrets about his departure from Chelsea.

"Never [have I regretted leaving], not even for a second," the striker said. "Choosing Roma was one of the right decisions I have made in my life."

Chelsea have the option to re-sign Abraham for around £67m, while the 24-year-old has also found himself linked to a handful of other English sides after his breakout season in Italy, but Abraham's focus is solely on Roma.

"Believe me: I am not thinking of the future, but of the present," he said. "I focus exclusively on the season that is about to begin, because I want it to be even more rewarding than the first I experienced in Italy."

Abraham added: "The first day I arrived at Roma I felt at home. I’m in no hurry to get back to the Premier League because I can express my way of playing here. In Italy I feel happy in every respect."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna
Forum | 1 day ago

I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna

We Don’t Have To Be Negatively Competitive – Actress, Toyin Abraham Tells Funke Akindele
Forum | 3 days ago

We Don’t Have To Be Negatively Competitive – Actress, Toyin Abraham Tells Funke Akindele

Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise
Forum | 4 days ago

Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star