Man Utd complete signing of Lisandro Martinez

Forum 1 year ago

Man Utd complete signing of Lisandro Martinez

Manchester United have officially completed the signing of Lisandro Martinez from Ajax on a deal until 2027 with the option of a further year.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a2f7bc77b985c523603da8ffd4a57805.jpg

The Red Devils confirmed on July 17 that they had reached an agreement with the Dutch champions and that the defender was set to undergo a medical and finalise personal terms, while he also needed to obtain a UK visa.

Martinez was pictured arriving at Man Utd's Carrington training ground along with fellow new signing Christian Eriksen on Tuesday, and the club confirmed on Wednesday that the Argentine's transfer to Old Trafford is now complete.

"I’ve been lucky enough to be part of successful teams in my career and that’s what I want to continue at Manchester United. There will be a lot of work to get to that moment, but I firmly believe that, under this manager and coaches, and together with my new team-mates, we can do it," Martinez told Man Utd's club channels.

"I want to thank Ajax and their fans for all the support they gave me. I had an unbelievable time there but feel the moment is right to test myself in another environment. Now I am at the perfect club to do this.

"It’s an honour to join this great football club. I’ve worked so hard to get to this moment and, now that I’m here, I’m going to push myself even further."

Director of football John Murtough added: "We are delighted that he has chosen to join Manchester United and we are looking forward to seeing him develop further and help the team achieve the success we are aiming for.

"Lisandro is an outstanding player who will bring further quality and experience to Erik [Ten Hag]’s squad."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa