Terrorists Invade Zamfara Community, Kill Four, Kidnap 30 Residents

Forum 1 year ago

Terrorists Invade Zamfara Community, Kill Four, Kidnap 30 Residents

Four persons have been killed and over 30 victims have been abducted by terrorists who attacked Morai community in Talata Mafara Local Government in Zamfara State.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/88cc83bd040b50c8531428cb83b8c0e7.jpeg

It was gathered that the gunmen invaded the community around 02:30 a.m on Monday, July 25, and operated till 06:15 a.m.

A resident, Mansur Zainu, said it was the first time gunmen will attack the town, the second largest in the local government area.

"They have attacked villages around us but they came yesterday for the first time and it was terrible. Our vigilante members tried to repel them but you know they have more sophisticated weapons than our people," he told Premium Times.

According to Mr Zainu, the gunmen killed three men and a boy including the Sarkin Fawa (the chief butcher) of the town, Sani Na’Ayi and Yahaya Mohammed, a businessman.

"We don’t know how they were killed because it was only after the attack that we found their bodies when we returned but it’s possible that they were shot while trying to flee like other people,” Mr Zainu said.

A younger brother to the slain Yahaya Mohammed, who asked not to be named, said the deceased’s wife, uncle and sister-in-law were abducted.

"When the bandits entered our area, Yahaya was the first to run but he, unfortunately, felt he couldn’t run much so he decided to hide behind a food silo but it was unfortunate that one of the bandits had seen him, he followed and shot him twice on the head,” he said.

Another resident, Lawal Suyidi, said most of those abducted were women.

"In our house alone, four women and two of my younger brothers were taken. My elder sister was also abducted but when she got tired, they (bandits) left her behind. It was some vigilante members that saw her and brought her back,” he said.

He said three of her sons were also taken away.

Mr Suyudi said they stopped counting the number of missing residents because some returned on Monday evening “but we’ve over 30 residents yet to be accounted for,” he added.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4406b87011f76890973c059827946d60.jpeg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle
Forum | 3 days ago

Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle

How Nigerian Soldiers Intercepted A Gun Runner In Taraba, Foiled Kidnap Attempt
Forum | 3 days ago

How Nigerian Soldiers Intercepted A Gun Runner In Taraba, Foiled Kidnap Attempt

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police
Forum | 3 days ago

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police