13 Scrap Scavengers Killed By Old Bomb In Borno

Forum 1 year ago

13 Scrap Scavengers Killed By Old Bomb In Borno

A tragic incident has been recorded in Borno state after thirteen scrap-metal collectors were killed by a bomb they excavated.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d34df0a16391854cd94574ef329f017e.jpeg

Babakura Kolo, a leader in a local anti-jihadist militia said sixteen metal scavengers from a displaced persons’ camp in Bama found the bomb while digging for scrap on Monday July 25, in the bush on the outskirts of town.

He said;

“The bomb exploded as they were pushing it in a cart toward the town, killing 13 and seriously injuring three.”

Channels Television reported that Kolo said the ordinance had apparently been dropped in 2015, when the military bombed jihadist positions during operations to retake Bama from Boko Haram.

A second militia leader, Bukar Grema, who gave the same toll said;

“It was dormant for seven years and buried in the sand but they managed to dig it out, not knowing it was a bomb.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun
Forum | 2 days ago

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi
Forum | 2 days ago

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses
Forum | 2 days ago

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men
Forum | 2 days ago

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men