Nottingham Forest finalising €15m Orel Mangala deal

Forum 1 year ago

Nottingham Forest finalising €15m Orel Mangala deal

Nottingham Forest have agreed a deal to sign Belgian midfielder Orel Mangala from Stuttgart, 90min can confirm.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5d8f61e89eb20581ba6d4c95594abdc6.jpg

Talks were well underway on Monday over a transfer worth a total of €15m (£12.75m) - with Forest set to pay €12m (£10.2m) up front and the remainder in add-ons.

Stuttgart have agreed to those terms and Mangala is now heading to Forest for a medical which, should all go to plan, will see him become the club's 13th signing of the summer.

Steve Cooper's side have already concluded deals for Jesse Lingard, Neco Williams, Guilian Biancone, Omar Richards, Moussa Niakhate, Harry Toffolo, Lewis O'Brien, Wayne Hennessey, Brandon Aguilera and Ryan Hammond, while goalkeeper Dean Henderson has joined on loan from Manchester United.

Of that group, O'Brien is the only natural midfielder but now Mangala will come in and offer some more competitions for minutes in a midfield which lost James Garner this summer after his loan from Man Utd came to an end.

Forest are not ready to end their summer business just yet either and have seen a bid for Real Betis left-back Alex Moreno knocked back.

As it stands, there is a significant gap in the two sides' valuation of the 29-year-old and a deal is not likely to be pursued further.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Nottingham Forest will survive relegation – Aina
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest will survive relegation – Aina

Transfer: Manchester City’s deal for Sullivan revealed
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Transfer: Manchester City’s deal for Sullivan revealed

EPL: Nottingham Forest to trigger Aina’s contract extension
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest to trigger Aina’s contract extension

EPL: Why I substituted Iwobi, two others after 33 minutes against Forest – Fulham coach, Silva
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Why I substituted Iwobi, two others after 33 minutes against Forest – Fulham coach, Silva