Cristiano Ronaldo travelling to Manchester for talks on future

Forum 1 year ago

Cristiano Ronaldo travelling to Manchester for talks on future

Cristiano Ronaldo is travelling back to Manchester for talks over his future as he plots a move away from Old Trafford.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/04509cbc391f49b477b8d14debac1825.jpg

Ronaldo has missed United's pre-season preparations, citing family reasons, and is yet to work with new manager Erik ten Hag.

The Portugal forward is due in Manchester on Monday and will meet with United to discuss his future. 90min understands Ronaldo remains intent on leaving the Red Devils for a club playing in the Champions League.

There have been links with Bayern Munich and Chelsea over the summer, while Atletico Madrid have been mentioned in recent weeks.

Ronaldo was United's leading goalscorer last season with 24 goals in all competitions as they endured a miserable campaign, finishing sixth with just 58 points.

While it remains to be seen whether Ronaldo will get his move away, one player who will be remaining at Old Trafford is Anthony Martial. The Frenchman was out of sorts last season but has impressed Ten Hag during United's summer friendlies in Thailand and Australia.

Martial has scored three goals in four pre-season games, with United plundering 13 strikes in total against Liverpool, Melbourne Victory, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa.

They finish their preparations with games against Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano before their Premier League opener with Brighton.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 5 days ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz
Forum | 6 days ago

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz