I Was Never Disqualified, Court Ordered A Re-run - Gov Umahi

Forum 1 year ago

A Federal High Court sitting in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State, on Friday, has disqualified Governor Dave Umahi from contesting the 2023 senatorial election in the 2023 general election under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

The court thereafter recognized Princess Ann Agom-Eze, as the senatorial candidate of APC, after the younger brother of the governor, Mr Austin Umahi, stepped down after winning the first primaries that was conducted by the party.

Governor Umahi through his Counsel, Roy Nweze Umahi, had dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), to the Federal High Court in Abakaliki, to compel the commission to recognise the governor as the authentic senatorial candidate for Ebonyi South senatorial District.

But Princess Agom-Eze, on Tuesday, approached the court and urged it not to recognise Governor Umahi’s Senatorial bid.

Umahi’s Counsel argued that the governor’s name should be recognised by INEC, hence the 1st winner of the Ebonyi South Senatorial primary election which took place at Afikpo North Local Government Area, in the state.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/15815918_screenshot20220725163016_jpegd4ed9b0fa64e11eb2d6a50af94dd3f72

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/15815919_screenshot20220725163031_jpeg085206944761f164db1377b25344a3ac

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Obey Court Order On Yahaya Bello - CSOs Tell EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Obey Court Order On Yahaya Bello - CSOs Tell EFCC

Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo

Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial
Forum | 3 days ago

Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial