‘Enough Is Enough’, Traditionalists Move To Use Spiritual Powers To Secure Nigerians

Forum 1 year ago

‘Enough Is Enough’, Traditionalists Move To Use Spiritual Powers To Secure Nigerians

The Obalesu Obatala Agbaye, Olaolu Dada, a traditionalist, has made a new revelation.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2ae6cc842b8383956278704a6790312e.jpeg

The traditionalist revealed that a pan-Yoruba group, “Irorun Ile Kaaro-oo-jiire” will explore its spiritual powers to provide adequate security for the lives and property of Nigerians.

Dada stated this at a news conference at Obatala temple in Igbotapa area of Ile-Ife on Saturday.

He expressed concern over what he called rising insecurity in the country, adding that no day passes without reports of kidnapping, banditry, armed robbery and other forms of insecurity.

“Enough is enough. It is high time we moved to address this security challenge bedevilling our country.

“Let me assure you that the powers used by our forefathers still remain with us and we are ready to use them to deliver ourselves and our people in Nigeria,” he said.

Dada said that the group would collaborate with other security agencies to tackle the lingering security challenge in the country.

He, however, stated that the group had nothing to do with politics or Yoruba nation agitation, but was determined to rise up and fight criminality in the country “without the use of gun and cutlasses”.

Also speaking, the group’s Traditional Secretary, Mr Dotun Hassan, said that “Irorun Ile Kaaro-oo-jiire” stood for unity, peace and tranquillity of Christians, Muslims and traditionalists.

Hassan, a legal practitioner, said that the group would promote the culture and tradition of the Yoruba and ensure the stability of the nation’s democracy.

He called for the support of the Federal Government, South-West governors, royal fathers, philanthropists, traditionalists and other stakeholders for the group to achieve its objectives.

The group’s Director of Protocol, Dr Adebayo Olusegun, also said that the organisation would use spiritual powers to secure the lives and property of the people of Yoruba land and the entire country.

“We will use the spiritual powers to stop crime in Nigeria because we cannot continue to condone criminality anymore,” he said.

Others who spoke at the occasion included the group’s Director, Research and Documentary, Dr Segun Awogbemi and the Deputy Press Secretary, Adunni Lawal.

They expressed the group’s commitment to rescuing the country from the pangs of insecurity.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders
Forum | 10 hours ago

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 5 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 5 days ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders

I Sing Better Than Most Of My Colleagues, They Use Autotune – Portable
Forum | 6 days ago

I Sing Better Than Most Of My Colleagues, They Use Autotune – Portable