Carlo Ancelotti hints further Real Madrid signings are unlikely

Forum 1 year ago

Carlo Ancelotti hints further Real Madrid signings are unlikely

Carlo Ancelotti has suggested that Real Madrid will not make any further signings this summer, though admitted some players could still depart the Santiago Bernabeu.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/23ce4e1d303747504785c0d585d6f728.jpg

The European champions have welcomed two new players to the club this window, with Antonio Rudiger joining from Chelsea on a free transfer and Aurelien Tchouameni signing for a nine-figure sum from Monaco.

Though this could be considered a quiet window by Real Madrid's standards - particularly after missing out on the signing of Kylian Mbappe - Ancelotti has revealed that he will not add anymore players to his squad for the upcoming season.

"The squad is closed and it is better than last year," he said. "Two new players have come in and they are going to add a lot. There are 27 players [in the squad], it’s a lot and coaching them is not easy, but the ones I have are intelligent and they understand the difficulty I have."

As Ancelotti mentioned, Real Madrid still have a rather big squad, despite seeing the likes of Marcelo, Gareth Bale, Isco and Luka Jovic all leave the club so far this window.

Fringe midfielder Dani Ceballos and attacker Marco Asensio have been linked with moves away from the Spanish capital, and the Italian tactician hinted they too could depart.

"They are two players who are doing well, but of course, the competition has increased," he added.

Ancelotti was also asked whether they would be better off leaving or renewing their contracts, but told reporters to 'ask the players and the club' for further clarification.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 4 days ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola

UCL: ISIS threatens to attack matches involving Arsenal, Real Madrid, PSG
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: ISIS threatens to attack matches involving Arsenal, Real Madrid, PSG