Jorginho hails Kalidou Koulibaly as 'best replacement' for Antonio Rudiger

Forum 1 year ago

Jorginho hails Kalidou Koulibaly as 'best replacement' for Antonio Rudiger

Chelsea midfielder Jorginho believes that Kalidou Koulibaly is the perfect player to step into the big shoes left by Antonio Rudiger.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1bd69519071fb18d467a319deb13641d.jpg

Rudiger has emerged as one of the world's best defenders over the last couple of seasons, but opted to leave the Blues for Real Madrid on a free transfer this summer following the expiration of his contract at Stamford Bridge.

Following Todd Boehly's takeover, Chelsea sought to bring in a replacement for Rudiger, signing Koulibaly from Napoli.

And Jorginho, who played with the Senegal star during their time at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona, revealed he helped convince Koulibaly to make the move to west London.

"I was just a friend talking to him saying let’s play together again. I used to play with you, it’s been a long time come on let’s play together again," he told reporters

When asked if Koulibaly is the perfect replacement for Rudiger, Jorginho replied: "Oh definitely, for me it’s the best replacement.

"The best choice the club could have made together with the staff and the coach. I just really hope and I’m pretty sure he will be a big help to our team."

"Of course we are excited because it means new players coming to help the team and help the club to achieve important things. It’s what Chelsea is all about."

Chelsea still want to bring in at least one more centre-back this window, and 90min understands they are confident of signing Jules Kounde despite interest from Barcelona.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service
Forum | 5 days ago

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service

Serie A: Ex-AC Milan coach, Sacchi hails Chukwueze for recent upturn in form
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Serie A: Ex-AC Milan coach, Sacchi hails Chukwueze for recent upturn in form